Metal braces aren't the only option when you want to straighten your teeth. Waunakee, WI, dentists Dr. Matthew Karls and Dr. Stanley Karls explain how clear braces can transform your smile without affecting your appearance.
What are clear braces?
Clear braces are the newest way to straighten crooked teeth, correct spacing issues or improve bite problems. Although traditional braces rely on a system of wires and brackets to realign your teeth, clear braces offer the same results with clear, removable aligner trays.
Trays are designed using innovative CAD/CAM technology that combines digital images, impressions and X-rays to create a 3D image of your mouth. The 3D image is used to design a series of aligner trays that will re-position your teeth and correct your orthodontic issues.
Are clear braces a good choice for me?
Clear braces are an excellent option if:
- You don't like the appearance of metal or ceramic braces. Your clear plastic trays are designed to blend in with your teeth, not draw attention to them.
- You have a mild to moderate bite problem. Clear braces are a great choice if you have an underbite, overbite, crossbite or open bite. (Severe or complicated bite problems may still require treatment with metal or ceramic braces.)
- You have spacing issues. Whether your teeth are spaced too far apart or there's just not enough room in your mouth for all of your them, clear braces can improve your smile.
- Your teeth have shifted. Shifting teeth aren't uncommon as you grow older. The problem can even occur if you've had perfectly straight teeth your entire life or once wore braces. Clear braces offer a simple way to turn back time.
What are the advantages of wearing clear braces?
Clear braces offer several important benefits, including:
- No Food Restrictions: Food restrictions aren't needed with clear braces. You'll take out your aligner trays when you eat and drink and replace them at the end of your meal.
- Simple Oral Hygiene: Keeping your teeth clean when metal or ceramic braces are attached to your teeth can be a little challenging. Fortunately, oral hygiene isn't a problem when you wear clear braces. You'll simply remove your aligners to brush and floss.
- Convenience: Although you'll usually wear your clear braces for 20 to 22 hours per day, you can take them out for short periods of time. When you play your favorite sport or attend a special event, wearing your trays might not be convenient. Luckily, you can leave them at home for a few hours and place them back in your mouth as soon as you return.
Are you ready to improve your smile with clear braces? Call Waunakee, WI, dentists Dr. Matthew Karls and Dr. Stanley Karls at (608) 849-4100 to schedule your appointment.